Leelanau Sands Casino
Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge is one of Michigan?s original casinos, having opened in 1991. The casino is located along Michigan?s iconic M-22 highway in Peshawbestown, in the Leelanau Peninsula, some 20 miles north of Traverse City.
The property is owned and operated by the Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians, a tribe that got its federal recognition in 1980. Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge is one of three casinos in Michigan owned by the tribe, the two others being Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel and Grand Traverse Resort and Spa.
Leelanau Sands Casino and Lodge is the smallest of the three properties, with approximately? 30,000 square feet of gaming space and more than 350 slot machines, video poker and video keno games, plus eight table games, including blackjack, roulette, craps and heads-up poker. The venue also offers four nights of classic and innovative variations of bingo in its Birch Room.
In the fall of 2020, shortly after the kick-off of football season, the casino teamed up with Caesars Sportsbook, then operating under the William Hill brand, to open a satellite sportsbook location with two self-service kiosks. Mobile sports betting was soon to follow.
The lodge provides accommodation on the premises, with 50 guest rooms equipped with walkout patios or balconies. The minimum gambling age at Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge is 18.
Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge details
- Name: Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge
- Address: 2521 NW Bayshore Drive, Peshawbestown, MI 49682
- Phone number: 800-922-2946 available during casino hours
- Hours of operation: Thursdays and Fridays from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m.; Mondays through Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.; Sundays from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Games available: 350+ slots, 8 table games, bingo, retail and online sportsbook
Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge gaming specs
|Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge
|Blackjack with STAX multi-level progressive jackpots
|Yes, available through Players Club rewards program and ongoing promotions
|Smoking is not permitted indoors at Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge. Smoking on patios and balconies is permitted as long as the room doors remain closed, as well as in designated outdoor areas.
|Suttons Bay bar
Leelanau Sands Casino slot machines
Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge patrons will discover more than 350 slot machines on the casino floor, including classic real money slots as well as slots with multiple bonus features and jackpots. The machines come from world-renowned providers, including IGT, SG Gaming, Konami, and many others.
Some of the most popular slots at Leelanau Sands Casino include:
- Lock It Link ? Lock It Link is an exciting slot game with a free spins bonus, during which you can win additional spins or even the grand jackpot.
- Smokin’ Hot Stuff Wicked Wheel ? The classic Hot Stuff multipliers and progressive pick bonus are available in the Smokin? Hot Stuff Wicked Wheel slot game with 243 ways to win and an award-winning theme.
- Treasure Ball ? Treasure Ball is a Konami slot game running on the Concerto Opus cabinet and offering multiple randomly triggered progressive bonuses and bonus credits you can win on any spin.
- Lightning Link ? The Lightning Link slot game comes with four distinct themes: Magic Pearl (underwater), High Stakes Las Vegas, Happy Lantern (Asian themed) and Sahara Gold (desert themed), each coming with a linked lightning progressive bonus system.
- Ultimate Fire Link ? This is another fast-paced, progressive jackpot slot game with a lock-and-spin feature called Fire Link Feature? that awards free spins every time four Fireball symbols land on the reels.
As of today, none of the progressive slots, such as Dragon Link and Lock It Link, has a jackpot worth less than $10,000.
Leelanau Sands Casino table games
Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge has eight table games available from Thursday through Sunday, starting at 2 p.m. All the classic table games are spread across the game floor, such as:
- 3 Card Poker
- Louisiana Stud
The games mentioned above feature STAX multi-level progressive jackpots that can hit randomly and bring players more chances to win. The blackjack table limits range from $10 to $200, while other limits are available upon request. The limits for roulette games vary depending on the bets, where inside bets can be worth between $1 and $25, and outside bets can get as high as $500.
One of Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge?s more exclusive games is Euchre, a trick-taking game for 2-4 players. Every Monday, the casino holds a Euchre tournament where 100% of the prize pool and $25 E-Credit vouchers get awarded randomly during gameplay. Registration for the tournament begins at 6 p.m., and the contest starts at 7 p.m.
Does Leelanau Sands Casino Lodge offer a poker room?
Leelanau Sands Casino Lodge doesn?t have a dedicated poker room, but poker games are available on its gaming floor. Namely, there are heads-up poker games, such as 3 Card Poker and Louisiana Stud.
Does Leelanau Sands Casino Lodge offer an online casino in Michigan?
Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge currently doesn?t have an online casino. The only form of online gambling available is the mobile sports betting app powered by Caesars Sportsbook.
Top online casinos in Michigan:
Does Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge offer a sportsbook in Michigan?
Caesars Sportsbook launched a satellite location at Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge in September 2020. Bettors can use two self-service betting kiosks on the casino floor. There are no ticket windows available on the premises. The minimum bet is $10. The winning tickets can be cashed out at the casino cage at Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge.
Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge rewards program
Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge runs a five-tier Players Club rewards program for loyal players. They can receive discounts on gas and hotel stays and win points they can redeem for E-Credits. Here?s the overview of the entire program.
- Sapphire: Starter level, including birthday promotions and points you can redeem for E-Credits
- Ruby: Includes all benefits from the Sapphire level, plus discounts and 2x bonus promotions entries
- Emerald: All benefits from Ruby, plus service lanes, access to invitation-only events and 3X entries on promotion
- Pinnacle: All Emerald benefits, plus a personal host, 30-minute slot machine holds, complimentary hotel room upgrades and late checkouts and a 5X bonus on entries for various promotions
- Onyx: All benefits available at the Pinnacle level, plus free VIP experiences
Membership in the rewards program at Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge is free. Players can use their Players Club card at Turtle Creek Casino as well.
How do you earn points at Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge?
Points in the Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge Players Club Rewards program are won based on your gameplay. The more you bet, the faster you can accumulate tier points and E-Credits to exchange for free play.
Can you get free play at Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge?
Yes, you can. Free play is available via the Players Club, plus the ongoing Leelanau Sands Casino promotions you can claim as a club member.
- Bay Mills Resort & Casino
- FireKeepers Casino
- Four Winds Casino Dowagiac
- Four Winds Casino Hartford
- Four Winds Casino New Buffalo
- Gun Lake Casino
- Hollywood Casino at Greektown
- Kewadin Casino Christmas
- Kewadin Casino St. Ignace
- Little River Casino
- MGM Grand Detroit
- MotorCity Casino Hotel
- Northern Waters Casino
- Ojibwa Casino Marquette
- Saganing Eagles Landing Casino
- Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort
- Turtle Creek Casino
Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge history and current owners
Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge was first opened as a bingo hall in 1984. It wasn?t until the implementation of the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act in 1988 that the tribes could launch retail casinos. In 1991, Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge was converted into a casino.
In 2013, Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge completed a $2.5 million renovation and turned the Bingo Hall and Elements Lounge into a new gaming floor named the Maple Room, with slots and video poker machines.
Leelanau Sands Casino FAQs
The casino is owned and operated by the Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians.
No, they aren?t. Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge doesn?t offer complimentary drinks to players.
You need to be at least 18 years old to visit Leelanau Sands and bet on casino games and sporting events.
Smoking is banned on the casino floor. Designated smoking areas outside and room balconies are the only places where smoking is allowed.
To request a win/loss statement, you must file a request through the player portal or download this PDF form.
There are over 350+ slot machines at Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge.
The table limits for blackjack games range from $10 to $200, depending on the table.