Ojibwa Casino Marquette
Ojibwa Casino in Marquette is a small tribal casino and one of two gaming properties owned by the Keweenaw Bay Indian Community. Its sister casino is in Baraga, also in Upper Peninsula Michigan. The Marquette casino offers a more diverse selection of games between the two Ojibwa locations.
A $40 million renovation project is well underway at Ojibwa Casino Marquette. The venue has already undergone a complete makeover and expanded its gaming floor, with an addition to the hotel in the works. A large event center and two signature restaurants have been added so far, along with about 200 slot machines, bringing the total to 500.
Several table games are also available at Ojibwa Casino Marquette, namely 6 Deck Blackjack, craps, Let it Ride, and roulette. The minimum gambling age at Ojibwa casino is 18 years old. Smoking is prohibited on the casino floor.
Ojibwa Rewards Club is the casino?s loyalty program, offering a standard array of benefits ? hotel discounts, concert tickets and free play credits for slots and table games.
Like most tribes in Michigan, Keweenaw Bay Indian Community has dabbled in online betting. The tribe has partnered with Golden Nugget to bring its online casino and sports betting app to the Wolverine State.
Ojibwa Casino Marquette details
- Name: Ojibwa Casino
- Address: 105 Acre Trail, Marquette, MI 49855, United States
- Phone number: +1 906-249-4200
- Hours of operation: 7 a.m. to 2:30 a.m.
- Games available: 500+ slots, several table games, Golden Nugget online casino & sportsbook
Ojibwa Casino Marquette gaming specs
|Blackjack||2 Deck Pitch, 6 Deck Blackjack|
|Poker Tables||Casino poker only (Let it Ride)|
|Sportsbook||Golden Nugget online sportsbook; no retail sportsbook on site|
|Keno||Electronic keno slots|
|Free Play||Yes, available through the Ojibwa Rewards Club; several free play promos offered weekly|
|Comp Program||Ojibwa Rewards Club|
|Smoking||Forbidden inside the casino|
|Restaurant(s)||Superior Eats, The Marquette Tavern (coming soon)|
|Bar(s)||3 Bars & Lounge|
Ojibwa Casino Marquette slot machines
Ojibwa Casino Marquette houses 500+ slot machines. This is a far cry from commercial casinos in Detroit?MGM Grand, MotorCity, and Greektown?which all boast well over 2.5k slots.
The denominations range from pennies to $5 per payline. High rollers may find the lack of larger denominations a letdown. What it lacks in betting range, the Ojibwa Casino slots lobby compensates for in variety. The casino purchased some of the best slot cabinets from renowned providers like WMS, Aristocrat, IGT, and Bally.
Here are some of the well-respected slots we discovered at Ojibwa Casino Marquette:
- Cleopatra ? Quite possibly the most iconic Egyptian-themed slot of all time, Cleopatra offers the prospect of winning hundreds of free spins. The 10,000x payout potential is also inviting.
- Dragon Spin ? From Bally, Dragon Spin has a 5×3 reel format, an Asian theme, and simple gameplay. The slot has bonus elements, including Locked Wilds, Raining Wilds, and Reel Blast
- Buffalo ? The Wild West motif, quality animations and immersive soundtrack are among the main selling points of Buffalo slots from Aristocrat. With a low variance and 1024 ways to win mechanics, players will get good bang for their buck.
- Quick Hit ? This franchise is a staple of every retail casino across the country. The games offer a subpar RTP (below 95%) but compensate with a rewarding internal jackpot.
- Fortune Coins ? Another IGT?s Asian-themed blockbuster, Fortune Coins uses a 243-ways-to-win payout engine and is packed with bonus features like free spins and cash drops.
Ojibwa Casino Marquette table games
The table games selection at Ojibwa Casino Marquette is modest. Several popular spin-offs are omitted, but most casino table game classics are available.
Here?s the full list of Ojibwa Casino table games:
- Craps: $5 to $200 bets with 5x odds; craps tables run from Thursday through Saturday.
- Roulette: Max bets on inside and outside bets are $10 and $300, respectively; roulette tables open daily.
- Let it Ride: $5 to $25.
- 2 Deck Pitch: $5 to $25.
- 6 Deck Blackjack: $10 to $300.
Does Ojibwa Casino offer a poker room?
No, Ojibwa Casino in Marquette doesn?t offer live poker.
Does Ojibwa Casino Marquette offer an online casino in Michigan?
Keweenaw Bay Indian Community formed an alliance with Golden Nugget?s online division in July 2020, a few months before the online casino gaming market in Michigan got off the ground. The partnership allowed Golden Nugget to launch its industry-leading online casino app in the Wolverine State.
Golden Nugget Online Casino currently offers the most competitive welcome bonus in Michigan: a 100% match deposit up to $1,000 + 200 spin on 88 Fortunes slots. Players can use the bonus bucks on more than 700 slots, table games, and live dealer games.
More online casinos in Michigan
Does Ojibwa Casino Marquette offer an online sportsbook in Michigan?
The same deal gave Golden Nugget Online Sportsbook market access in Michigan. The famed sports betting app has odds on 10+ sports and is known for offering reduced juice lines regularly. These are marketed as Golden Lines and work like standard odds boosts.
Ojibwa Casino Marquette rewards program
Ojibwa Rewards Club is a way for the casino to incentivize regular players. The loyalty program is shared between the two Ojibwa casinos and gives players access to perks like food vouchers, casino merchandise, gas vouchers, and more. You can obtain these benefits with loyalty points earned through gameplay.
How do you earn points at Ojibwa Casino Marquette?
You can earn rewards club points on various games. It is best to check with the casino manager to find out all the specifics, as point accumulation rates are subject to change.
Can you get free play at Ojibwa Casino Marquette?
Yes, free play is one of the main perks you can obtain via the rewards program. What?s more, the casino runs several free play promotions weekly.
- Bay Mills Resort & Casino
- FireKeepers Casino
- Four Winds Casino Dowagiac
- Four Winds Casino Hartford
- Four Winds Casino New Buffalo
- Gun Lake Casino
- Hollywood Casino at Greektown
- Kewadin Casino Christmas
- Kewadin Casino St. Ignace
- Leelanau Sands Casino
- Little River Casino
- MGM Grand Detroit
- MotorCity Casino Hotel
- Northern Waters Casino
- Saganing Eagles Landing Casino
- Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort
- Turtle Creek Casino
Ojibwa Casino Marquette history and current owners
Having received a permit from the federal government in 1982, Keweenaw Bay Indian Community was the first tribal community in the US to receive a casino license. In 1983, the tribe opened its first casino, but it closed 18 months later.
In 1994, the tribe opened the Ojibwa Casino in Baraga after years of legislative delays. In 2004, it was joined by its sister casino, Ojibwa Casino Marquette.
Ojibwa Casino FAQs
Ojibwa Casino Marquette is owned by Keweenaw Bay Indian Community, a federally recognized tribe in Michigan.
No, Ojibwa Casino Marquette in Michigan doesn?t offer free drinks, but it sometimes does through regular promotions.
You must be 18 or older to play casino games at Ojibwa Casino Marquette.
No, smoking is not allowed inside the Ojibwa Casino Marquette.
Ojibwa Casino Marquette has 500+ slot machines, including classic slots, multimedia slots, and progressives.
Table limits are $5 to $25 for 2 Deck Pitch and $10 to $300 for 6 Deck Blackjack.
No, but you can play casino games for free at its online gaming partner?s site, the Golden Nugget casino app.