No Deposit Bonus Codes for May 2023
No Deposit Bonus Codes for May 2023
In a never-ending race to attract more players, US online casinos constantly try to top each other by rewarding newcomers with bigger and better deals. The best deal you can get is the no deposit bonus, which basically allows you to start playing on a casino site or app for free.
The typical no deposit bonus offer is between $10 and $60 or a combination of free cash and free spins. If real money casinos are not legal in your state, you can still play on sweepstakes and social casinos, where getting a free offer is implied.
Here, we?ll run down the best no deposit casinos for US players and explain how the promos work, how to unlock them and the terms and conditions to know before playing for free. This page is updated monthly, so you can be sure that all listed bonuses are active.Sadly, online casinos are not available in your state yet. You do have the option of playing at sweepstakes or social casino sites. These sites offer similar games, allowing you to win cash prizes by playing slots. Below is our list of recommended sites.
Latest no deposit bonus casinos and promos
What are no deposit bonuses?
A no-deposit bonus allows you to turn free funds into real cash, which you can usually cash out later. The only cost involves the time it takes to register an account at an online casino. Here?s a quick rundown on qualifying for a no-deposit bonus:
- Find an online casino that?s offering a free money promo.
- Select the join/register button.
- Fill out all the fields.
- Enter the appropriate no-deposit casino bonus code (if necessary).
- Agree to the terms and conditions and verify that you?re of legal gambling age.
Once the online casino approves your account, you can visit the account section and claim the no-deposit bonus. From here, you would play casino games for free, like this:
- Receive a $20 no deposit bonus.
- Generate $15 in winnings and meet the T&Cs listed on the casino website.
- If the bonus is cashable, you can withdraw your winnings or continue to play for free.
Best no deposit promos and offers for US players
The following online casinos feature the best no deposit bonuses in the US online gambling market. Our rankings evaluate each casino?s bonus based on size and terms and conditions. If you?re unfamiliar with bonus T&Cs, you can review a section that covers them below.
|Rank||Online Casino||No Deposit Bonus||Bonus Code||Legal States|
|1.||DraftKings No Deposit||$35 Casino credit||None – Use Links||MI, NJ, PA & WV|
|2.||BetMGM No Deposit||$25 Freeplay||PLAYNJFREE||MI, NJ, PA & WV|
|3.||Golden Nugget No Deposit||$10 Free||PLAYBONUS||MI, NJ & WV|
|4.||Caesars No Deposit||25 Free spins||FREE25FS||MI, NJ, PA & WV|
|5.||Borgata No Deposit||$20 Free||PLAYNJ||NJ & PA|
|6.||Virgin No Deposit||$30 Free||30BUCKS||NJ|
|7.||Bally Bet No Deposit||$30 Bonus||PLAYBONUS30||NJ|
|8.||Hard Rock No Deposit||50 Free spins + $25 Free||PLAY25||NJ|
|9.||Funzpoints No Deposit||$2.50 Free||None – Use Links||All US except WA|
How to claim a no deposit casino bonus?
Claiming a no deposit bonus looks more or less the same regardless of which casino you choose. If you?re new to online casinos altogether, here is a quick step-by-step guide showcasing the usual procedure:
- Pick a real money casino you like, and use our links to visit the website. All the casinos we list here are safe and properly licensed.
- Register for a new account by sharing your name, date of birth, last four digits of your SSN and other requested personal details. These are required so the casino can identify you and confirm you are of legal gambling age.
- Enter the no deposit casino bonus code in the corresponding field. This is usually a short code consisting of a few capital letters and numbers that you can find on our page or the casino site itself (Example: use PLAYNJFREE for BetMGM Casino).
- Verify your account so you can start playing. Your free cash should be available immediately, but note that some casinos require you to activate it manually.
- Browse the casino?s library for your favorite blackjack or slot games and start playing.
Benefits to claiming a free play casino offer
No deposit bonuses are not as large as their deposit-match counterparts. Still, this doesn?t mean you should neglect such offers. On the contrary, no deposit bonuses are some of the best online casino bonuses. Here are a few reasons why.
- 100% free to play: Claiming a no deposit bonus is genuinely free. You are under no obligation to deposit before or while using the bonus funds. Meanwhile, you have a chance to turn that free bonus into withdrawable money, although you will need to read through the terms and conditions.
- An easy way to try new games: Playing with a free cash promo is the best way to try a new game or slot machine, with zero risk to you. Unless you exclusively receive free spins for a specific slot, you can use the free money on the casino?s entire range of games.
- Good opportunity to test the casino?s website or app: If you?re unsure whether a new online casino is a good fit, test it first with the casino?s no deposit offer. You can browse through the casino?s website or app and play different games without spending a dime.
Types of no deposit casino bonuses
There are three types of no deposit bonuses: cash and free spins. There are also sweepstakes and social casino bonuses, but these should belong in their own category.
- No deposit cash bonuses: With a cash bonus, you?ll get a fixed sum to use on any number of games. These bonuses usually range from $10 to $60, much less than match deposit bonuses. It?s still fair, considering you are not required to risk any of your own money.
- Free play or free spins: You can sometimes get free spins instead of, or alongside, a no deposit cash bonus, but these are rare. In any case, these work only on particular video slots. For instance, you may get 20 free spins on the Starburst slot.
- Free sweeps coins: If you?re located in a state where online casinos are unauthorized, you?ll need to play on sweepstakes and social casinos. These casinos never make you pay to play, so expect to get free coins to play every day.
Terms and conditions with no deposit bonus casinos
No deposit offers are technically free, but they come with quite a few strings attached, making it difficult for players to turn them into withdrawable cash. That?s why reading through the small print and understanding how these promotions work is essential.
Here are a few of the terms you should anticipate and monitor.
Also called wagering requirements or rollover, these are the main barriers to turning the no deposit bonus into actual money.
For instance, Golden Nugget?s online casino has a 20x playthrough requirement on its $10 no deposit bonus. This means you must play through the bonus 20 times and bet $200 before you can cash out the wins.
Some casinos have a seemingly generous 1x rollover, but they compensate for it with other restrictive terms.
Eligible games and wagering contribution
Apart from the wagering requirements, you should also consider the wagering contributions. Namely, completing the rollover is easier on some games than others, which is why casinos deliberately lower their wagering contribution.
For example, you?ll find that the wagering contribution for video poker at DraftKings is just 10%. While the playthrough requirement is 1x, it becomes 10x when playing video poker. Slots usually contribute to wagering at 100%, while some games might not contribute at all.
Other terms and conditions to watch out for:
- Bet limits:?Some casinos set bet limits to prevent the exploitation of a no deposit bonus. So if you get a $10 bonus, you can?t wager all $10 at once. Instead, the limit will be something like 20? per spin or betting round.
- Cashout restrictions:?Even if you get insanely lucky, the casinos won?t allow you to turn your $20 no deposit bonus into a life-changing sum. You can expect to face a maximum withdrawal limit of up to a few hundred dollars. There can also be minimum withdrawal restrictions, like the $20 one at BetMGM.
- Expiration date:?Most casinos will force you to use your no deposit funds relatively quickly, usually within a week. Your bonus will become void if you haven?t met the playthrough requirements within that time frame.
A no deposit bonus code consists of letters and digits that you must type in during sign-up to unlock the bonus. Only a handful of real money casinos require these codes, and many will give you the bonus as soon as you create an account. You may find some of these codes on this page.
Currently, DraftKings Casino has the biggest and best no deposit bonus among top US online casinos. It offers $35 with just 1x rollover and relatively loose terms.
PokerStars Casino has a unique way of rewarding players. When you play its games, you?ll earn points and fill up a progress bar. Once the bar fills up entirely, you?ll get a chest containing tailored rewards.
Yes, no deposit bonuses are exclusive to new players on a casino site or app.
Most casinos allow you to play their full range of games with a no deposit bonus. However, some games might have a lower wagering contribution than others or no contribution at all.
This mostly depends on the wagering contribution. Slots typically contribute fully to wagering, but they could be better in terms of RTP. On the other hand, baccarat and European roulette have favorable house edges, so their wagering contributions are low. Casinos usually balance the wagering contribution so that you?ll have difficulty meeting the playthrough requirements regardless of which game you choose.