7 New NFL Draft Bet Types On The Table For Ohio Sports Bettors
With the NFL Draft less than a week away, Ohio bettors have even more ways to bet on what has become one of the biggest NFL events of the year.
Over the past month, the state’s gaming commission (OCCC) has approved seven new ways to gamble in Ohio specifically for the draft. They include multiple bets related to where a player is drafted.
All the new NFL Draft prop bets in Ohio
Previous to March, bettors had four types of prop bets they could place on the NFL draft. Compared to other states with sports betting, that’s a pretty low number.
The OCCC changed that in mid-March when it approved bets on which round a player is drafted in.
Then, from April 11 to April 13, the OCCC said yes to seven new betting types:
- The player selected at X pick (not including first and second overall pick)
- Position of X team’s first draft pick (not including first and second overall picks)
- Over/under on the number of players drafted from a certain conference in a round
- Over/under on the number of players drafted from a certain position a round
- X player drafted at X position
- A certain drafted player at a certain positio n (not including first and second overall picks)
Examples of how to play new prop bets
Practically speaking, here are a few examples of how those bets would look via DraftKings’ Ohio sportsbook.
- The player selected at X pick (not including first and second overall pick): Bettors can select from 19 different players for the 1st pick of the draft. The favorite is Bryce Young at -1600.
- Position of X team’s first draft pick (not including first and second overall pick): Bettors can choose the position of the first drafted player of the New York Jets, New England Patriots, Buffalo Bills, and Miami Dolphins.
- Over/under on the number of players drafted from a certain conference in a round: bets are approved for how many players in a certain conference are drafted in a certain round.
- Over/under on the number of players drafted from a certain position in a round: Bettors can place a bet on the number of players selected at eight different positions in the first round. The over/under for offensive players chosen in the first round is 16.5.
- X player drafted at X position: Bets are available for the first and second players selected at eight different positions. The favorite for the second quarterback to go off the board is Will Levis at -140.
- A certain drafted player at a certain position (not including first and second overall pick): Anthony Richardson’s over/under for draft position is 4.5.
What Ohio sportsbooks say about the Bengals and Browns’ first picks
Barring any trades, the Cincinnati Bengals will draft at #28 in the first round. The Cleveland Browns traded its first-round pick this year in the team’s Deshaun Watson trade with the Houston Texans in 2022.
DraftKings’ odds indicate the Bengals will draft Alabama running back Jahmyr Gibbs. The move comes amid a consensus that the team will release star running back Joe Mixon.
As for the Browns, oddsmakers believe the team will select Michigan kicker Jake Moody with the 11th pick of the third round.