How To Earn, Redeem And Stay Free With MGM Resorts’ M life Rewards Card
MGM Resorts International’s M life Rewards program has long been essential to the Las Vegas experience. But with MGM bringing its proprietary player loyalty program to Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in Atlantic City and Empire City Casino in New York in recent years, and opening up MGM National Harbor in Maryland and MGM Springfield in Massachusetts, M life Rewards has become a bigger part of the casino experience all across the US.
M life Rewards members can earn and redeem various points and comps at more Las Vegas Strip properties than any other player loyalty program in the country. The following Las Vegas Strip casinos are all M Life Rewards properties:
- Circus Circus
- Aria Resort & Casino
- Mandalay Bay
- MGM Grand
- The Mirage
- New York-New York
- Park MGM
Plus, M Life Rewards properties can now be found all over the US, including:
- MGM Grand Detroit – Detroit, Michigan
- Beau Rivage – Biloxi, Mississippi
- MGM National Harbor – National Harbor, Maryland
- Bor gata – Atlantic City, New Jersey
- MGM Northfield Park – Northfield, Ohio
- Gold Strike Casino Resort – Tunica Resorts, Mississippi
- MGM Springfield – Springfield, Massachusetts
- Empire City Casino – Yonkers, New York
The basics of MGM Resorts M life
M life Rewards membership is free to anyone age 21 and up.
The first thing members earn when they use an M life card is tier credits. MGM gives members these tier credits for every dollar they spend at MGM properties. That means everything from gambling and entertainment, to hotel stays, dining, and retail shopping.
By earning tier credits, members can move up the ladder to different M life statuses, offering increased benefits and rewards every step of the way. M life members also earn base points by gambling at MGM casinos. MGM also coverts these base points into free play and express comps.
MGM hands out tier credits and base points according to the following schedule:
- 25 tier credits for every $1 spent on hotel, dining, entertainment and spa services
- 1 base point and 10 tier credits for every $3 on slots
- 1 base point and 10 tier credits for every $10 on video poker
- Earning on table games is determined by average wager and time played (Approximately 300 base points and 3,000 tier credits per hour betting $25 per hand at blackjack)
MGM also gives members $0.01 in free play and express comps for every base point.
Earn 1,000 base points and you’ll get $10 in free play. Free play cannot be converted to cash, but any winnings accrued through free play is yours to keep.
Earn 1,000 base points and you’ll also get $10 in express comps. Express comps can be used to pay for hotel stays, food, beverage, entertainment, retail shopping, and spa services. Basically, anything you might charge back to your room at an MGM property can be paid for with express comps, including the room itself.
Using the M life Rewards card
The various points and comps can add up fast when you use the M life Rewards card at MGM properties across the US.
Let’s say you take a typical three-night trip to Las Vegas. Stay at Bellagio and you might spend $1,000 on your room, food, and beverages while you’re there. Put in about the same in slots play, another $1,000 on video poker, and–in a last-ditch effort to at least break even–play $25 a hand blackjack for an hour before you check out.
If you signed up for M life Rewards at the start of the trip, you’d be a Sapphire member and earn:
- 25,000 tier credits for your hotel spend
- 333 base points, 3,330 tier credits, and $3.33 in free play and express comps for your slot play
- 100 base points, 1,000 tier credits, and $1 in free play and express comps for your video poker play
- 300 base points and 3,000 tier credits for your blackjack play
The free play and express comps earned don’t add up to too much. However, you’ll earn enough tier points to move up to M life’s Pearl level and earn 10% more base points the next time you visit. Plus, you’ll be able to park that rental car you never used for free.
M life Rewards tiers
The M life program has five tiers. Each offers increased benefits and rewards.
Here’s a look at the points required to move up to each tier and the benefits:
Sapphire (0-24,999 tier credits)
Sapphire is the entry-level tier. Sign up and you’re in. Benefits include:
- Personalized offers
- Mobile check-in on MGM Resorts mobile app
- Discounted hotel rooms
- 5% discount at participating MGM retail outlets
Pearl (25,000-74,999 tier credits)
Pearl members get everything Sapphire members do, plus increased benefits including:
- 10% bonus on base points for slot play and 10% bonus on all express comps earned
- 10% discount at participating MGM retail outlets
- Dedicated buffet line at the buffet
- Complimentary self-parking
Gold (75,000-199,999 tier credits)
Gold members are entitled to increased benefits including:
- 20% bonus on base points for slot play and 20% bonus on all express comps earned
- Priority hotel check-in line and room upgrades subject to availability
- Dedicated line at participating restaurants and fine dining priority reservations
- VIP access to MGM nightclubs in Las Vegas
- Complimentary valet parking
Platinum (200,000+ tier credits)
Platinum members are entitled to everything from the tiers below, plus:
- Complimentary cruise tickets on Royal Caribbean or Celebrity Cruises
- 30% bonus on base points for slot play and 30% bonus on all express comps earned
- Priority pool cabana, spa, and salon access
- 15% discount at participating MGM retail outlets
- Priority valet access and taxi service
Noir (Invite Only)
You must be invited into the Noir tier. Those that are can enjoy increased benefits including:
- 40% bonus on base points for slot play and 40% bonus on all express comps earned
- VIP lounge check-in
- Guaranteed advance hotel, restaurant, and show reservations
- Complimentary airport limousine service
M life Rewards partners
Members can also use the M life Rewards card off the property thanks to MGM having struck partnership deals with several different brands.
MGM Preferred Partners offering M life members various discounts include:
- Southwest Airlines
- Hyatt Hotels and Resorts
- Avis Car Rentals
Photo courtesy of MGM Resorts