Skrill Online Casinos and Sportsbooks
Skrill is a go-to option for thousands of casino players and bettors across the US, and for a good reason. It is a UK-based digital wallet with a license from the Financial Conduct Authority and almost two decades’ worth of presence in the United States. Skrill’s strength lies in being able to provide fast deposits and withdrawals that incur low fees. Also, its wide acceptance by all the major gambling sites in all states where gambling is licensed and regulated is another ace up its sleeve.
On this page we will go over the premium online casinos and sportsbooks that support Skrill, as well as its main characteristics and features.
Legal online casinos that accept Skrill
Skrill is a key partner to many online casinos in regulated states, New Jersey and Michigan among them. The following list features top online casinos where you can use Skrill as a way to make deposits and withdrawals:
Skrill casinos USA
- DraftKings Casino
- FanDuel Casino
- Caesars Casino
- BetMGM Casino
- Golden Nugget Casino
Legal online sportsbooks that accept Skrill
There is no shortage of online sportsbooks in regulated US markets that accept Skrill as a payment method, either. Betfred, Bet365 and others are some of the betting sites working with Skrill, along with the following:
Skrill sportsbooks USA
- DraftKings Sportsbook
- FanDuel Sportsbook
- BetMGM Sportsbook
- 888 Sportsbook
- BetRivers Sportsbook
Legal online poker sites that accept Skrill
You can also use Skrill to make payments to and from leading poker sites in the US. Some of the best sites have partnered with Skrill, so take a look at them plus the states where they are licensed to operate.
Skrill poker sites USA
- 888 Poker
- BetMGM Poker
How to deposit with Skrill
First things first — before depositing in any of the regulated online casinos or sportsbooks that accept Skrill, you need to set up a Skrill account and put some money in it. The process is free and easy to complete in a few steps.
Go to Skrill’s homepage and click on the register button in the upper right corner of the screen. Input your personal information, such as name, email, address, state, etc. Note that Skrill will ask you to verify your account by providing details such as your full name, date of birth, full address, zip code, Social Security number and current occupation.
Once you have verified your account, you can use a Visa, Mastercard or Discover credit or debit card to fund your Skrill account and, in turn, your casino or sportsbook accounts. Deposits are also available via bank wire transfer, ACH, Paysafecash and Paysafecard. Note that for some methods, namely Visa and Mastercard, you will have to select the purpose of your deposit to be gambling when funding your account.
Now, all that’s left is to head to your online casino or sportsbook of choice and load your playing account with money via Skrill. Here’s the deal:
- Log in to your casino or sportsbook account.
- Head to the banking or cashier section.
- Find Skrill under the deposit methods.
- Enter your Skrill login details.
- Input the amount you wish to deposit if you already have funds in your Skrill account.
- Choose the payment method (Visa, Mastercard, Paysafecash, bank account, Neteller, Paysafecard, etc.)
- Confirm the transaction.
- Your payment should arrive almost instantly.
How to cash out using Skrill
Getting hold of your winnings through Skrill is as simple as making a deposit. This is what you need to do to withdraw money from Skrill gambling sites:
- Log in to your online casino or sportsbook account.
- Go to the cashier or banking section.
- Click on withdrawals.
- Enter the amount you wish to cash out.
- Select Skrill out of the available methods.
- You will receive a prompt to log in to your Skrill account.
- The casino should process the request almost instantly, but sometimes it can take up to two or three days to reach your account, depending on the casino or sportsbook in question.
Why don’t all online gambling sites accept Skrill?
Skrill is a part of the Paysafe Group, one of the biggest financial companies in the world, and is a company with a long tradition of doing business with US online casinos and sportsbooks. However, the company only teams up with licensed and regulated gambling sites.
Also, operators need to go through Skrill’s vetting process, and only those with a good reputation that are safe, fair and financially stable can have a place among Skrill’s partners.
Pros and cons of Skrill
Skrill’s reputation is well-deserved, thanks to the processor’s multiple advantages. However, there are some downsides to using Skrill as well. Let’s take a closer look at both pros and cons of this payment method.
- Safe and secure: Skrill employs the latest encryption and security methods to protect the player information and funds. What’s more, by making payments to online casinos and sportsbooks via Skrill, you do not have to divulge personal banking details to those gambling platforms.
- Widespread: You can find Skrill at pretty much every notable legal online casino and sportsbook in the US, so the chances are your top pick will be among those working with Skrill.
- Fast deposits and withdrawals: All Skrill deposits to gambling sites take place in a heartbeat. On the other hand, withdrawals will generally take within two to three business days, faster than many other payment processors.
- Loyalty programs: Skrill runs a special Knect loyalty program through which you earn one loyalty point for every $1 of your transactions. You can then exchange loyalty points for rewards and perks. There is also a dedicated VIP program that gives frequent Skrill users bigger spending limits, lower fees and other perks.
- Not compatible with welcome bonuses: Some online casinos and sportsbooks do not let users claim welcome deposit bonuses when they make the initial payment with Skrill.
- Fees: While deposits are normally free of charge, getting the money from Skrill to your bank account or prepaid card incurs a $5.50 fee. Also, the application for a Skrill Visa prepaid card costs $10.
- PayPal: PayPal is among the biggest e-wallets globally, and known for working only with fully regulated operators. It offers fast payments and military-grade security.
- Play+: Play+ is a popular reloadable account and prepaid card accepted by numerous casinos and sportsbooks across the US, both land-based and online. It lets you top up your playing account instantly and without any fees.
- Debit/credit cards: In case Skrill is not available, Visa and Mastercard credit and debit cards are good alternatives thanks to their wide acceptance and high transaction limits.
- ACH/e-check: ACH, or Automated Clearing House, is a platform for directly transferring funds from your bank account to the casino.
- PayNearMe: PayNearMe is a retail payment processing platform that takes your cash and deposits it directly to your playing account. PayNearMe is available at 7-Eleven, CVS and Family Dollar locations.
Skrill’s entry into regulated online gambling
Skrill launched in 2001 as Moneybookers, and in 2002 started accepting online payments. It began accepting US customers in 2008. In 2011, Moneybookers rebranded to Skrill and became the sponsor of the PokerStars-owned European Poker Tour for its eighth edition. Then, in 2015, Skrill became a part of the Paysafe Group together with Neteller and Paysafecard. In 2018, Skrill expanded its portfolio of services to include international money transfers and cryptocurrency trading.
Other options if a gambling site doesn’t accept Skrill
In case your desired online casino or sportsbook does not offer Skrill, there are a few worthy alternatives. Here are some options: